Sunday, August 29, 2004

GO HOME Hurricane Frances!!!!!!!!

This blog seems to be turning into an ode to Nathaniel. I'm watching Mtv's Video Music Awards. I can't believe I just admitted that. Here I am 22 years old, a mother, and a wife and I still want my Mtv. It wouldn't be so bad if Mtv didn't suck so much these days. I guess it's my way of searching for my lost youth. Maybe I'm just a pop culture whore. I don't really get or enjoy the music that is out there today...at least what Mtv and VH1 chose to air. No, heart or soul to it, no feeling. It's just this cookie cutter crap. So why do I watch it? Who knows.

Today has been a nice lazy Sunday. Vince and Amy came last night for dinner. Amy is pregnant. She just found out a few weeks ago but she's already far enough along that she is feeling movement. Maybe she just has a screwy cycle. I hope all goes well. She and Vince both were asking questions about how we handled our pregnancy and birth. It's nice to be able to advise people.

So, we've been planning on a trip to Florida for over a month now. We're hoping to leave Thursday. However, hurricane Frances may have other things in mind. She's projected to hit precisely where we're headed. If it were just Nathaniel and me I wouldn't be so concerned. But we were planning on this being Geof's first trip to the beach and I do not want to put him in harms way. I dunno, maybe we'll just rent a backhoe and start grading our property.

YES, folks you heard right. We are officially land owners now. My grandfather gave us the deed to almost 2 acres of land. It's right beside my parents' house. I always knew that I would return to Rutherford county to settle down and educate my children. I just never dreamed that I would be right beside my folks!! I do believe that it will be a very nice situation. As it is now, we have no one close to babysit should be need it at a moments notice. When we move, we'll have my parents, my younger cousin Katie, aunts, uncles, friends, etc. etc. Yeah, it's gonna be alllll rrrright.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home