Monday, September 13, 2004

I've Got Ripplin' Water To Wake Me

Geof's little sponge brain has been working over time these past few days. He has learned to say "apple juice", "ouch, hurt" (and the appropriate time to use them), "ooo-ooo-ooo-ahahaha" (you know, monkey noises)....there was something else too but I can't recall.....OH YEAH! I asked him the other day if he was happy and he said "happy, happy, happy" like some cracked out addict. Now, he goes around saying, "Happy! Happy! Happy!" He's so funny. I've really been amazed lately at how fast he's growing and learning. I am very proud of him...as is Nathaniel. Watching my child grow up is the most joyously painful spectacle to behold. He's changing so much, I can't believe that he'll be 2 years old in January. I wouldn't trade motherhood for anything. It's such a humbling experience. I have a lot more respect for all women especially mothers now....well, the mothers that give a shit. Everything that he learns and absorbs now is going to shape the person he is to become, and it will continue on through the generations. He will teach what he has been taught. I guess it's true that you can change the world, it's a ripple effect. I just hope I don't let the world, or more importantly, my son down. Motherhood/Parenthood....this is what life is all about.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home