Wednesday, September 08, 2004

Where's the Ark?

So, after about 36 hours of non stop rain why was I so surprised to be living on my own little island this morning? We ended up with about 6-8 inches of rain from "Frances." Nathaniel left for work at the same time as usual. He called me about 5 minutes later and said that he wasn't going to work because Canton didn't exist anymore. I thought he was just shitting me. He gets back and says that the folks on the other side of the hill are under water. He went back with camera in tow and shot some footage. I wouldn't have believed it otherwise. We were pretty lucky, we only had a foot of water in our root cellar. Now, the whole town is under a boil-your-water-or-risk-dysentery warning. I would like to have seen all the destruction in person, but I didn't think it would be wise to drag Geof around that shit. Anyhoo, now Canton and Clyde are have a curfew until 2pm.

Damn it, I've been caught blogging!!!!!!! Nathaniel just came in, now he thinks I'm a complete dork. I'm too sensitive. AAARRRRGGGGHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!

I learned to crochet this past weekend. It absolutely kicked my ass at first, but I'm starting to kick it back. It's harder than one would think. There's a lot of counting and thinking involved and I've gotten out of the habit of doing either. Yeah, I'm a dumbass, but I have my good days.

Nathaniel is making wine in our bedroom now. Muscadine wine. He jokes that I could have married someone normal instead I snagged someone industrious and resourceful. I think I made the right choice. There's never a dull moment!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home