Tuesday, January 25, 2005

Preggers?

So, my husband's pistol shot quicker than he had anticipated Sunday night. As luck would have it, I'm at my most fertile time in my cycle. I went to the health department yesterday to do the "Morning After" crisis prevention stuff. Basically I got a regular old pack of birth control pills but instead of taking one a day for a month I take 4 pills twelve hours apart for 2 days. I took the first 4 last night and the last 4 this morning. I've been nauseous all morning. Now I just have to wait until I bleed. I don't like to wait. If a pregnancy has already begun, the pills will not interrupt it...they only prevent a fertilized egg from implanting, or they prevent the egg and sperm from getting together...I can't remember which. On one hand I'm hoping that I don't get pregnant. On the other, I do want another child. We were totally caught off guard for the first one and everything has turned out perfectly fine. I think for the purpose of retaining some sanity for all parties involved, I'm going to pray for a negative on the pregnancy test. Cross your fingers...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home