Thursday, March 17, 2005

Go "Car-naws"!! Go "Why-nine"!!

What the fuck, you say upon reading the above post title? Read on, it will make sense...eventually. It is that time of year again. The winding down of basketball season and the start of baseball. I could take it or leave it although I did admit the other day to my husband that I actually kinda sorta maybe missed baseball a little bit...maybe. Ok, yeah I did miss it. I enjoy watching the games and all but the greatest joy I get out of our nations favorite past time is the bond I witness between my husband and our 2 year old son. I guess that's why it's called the "national past time", because traditionally fathers and sons and/or daughters would come together to watch a game. It really does my heart good to see this tradition continue in our home.

My husband grew up in Southern Illinois near Carbondale listening to Cardinal games on KMOX out of St Louis. He is a Cardinal's fan through and through. Now my son is a fan by blood and I'm a fan by marriage. At any rate...we now live in the western portion of the fine state of North Carolina somewhat out of reach of Nathaniel's beloved KMOX. After a day of research and crawling around in a hot attic last spring, this problem has been remedied. Now, if we can't watch a game on tv we can listen on the radio. Geof, our son, loves to cheer on his favorite players saying, "GO CAR-NAWS!!!" "Go Cardinals" for those of you out there without "2-year-old" as a second language.

Nathaniel also went to school at University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign where he honed his skills at cheering on the fighting Illini. He was the "Head Banger Guy" at the hockey games and the "Pumpkin Head Guy" at the football games and possibly some basketball games, I'm not sure. He was once interviewed by ESPN as the Pumpkin Head Man. Yeah, his blood flows red, blue, and orange. He is really enjoying the success that the Illini basketball team is having this year and so is Geof. Geof loves his Illini as well. He will cheer on his team with, "GO WHY-NINE!!!" Yup, you guessed it, that is 2-year-old for "Go Illini!" It's been a fairly exciting time around our house lately and I'm loving every minute of it!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home