Tuesday, March 08, 2005

Hot Coffee Comin' Through!

Well, poor Geof got a face full of hot coffee. We were in the kitchen, Nathaniel set his fresh cuppa joe on the counter and I was facing the opposite wall preparing Geof's breakfast. I hear Geof come in and say, "Daddy's coffee!" I knew exactly what would happen next so I spin around only to see that he already had the coffee in hand and was pouring it all down the side of his face, neck, and chest! I snatched him up and soaked him down with cold water. He didn't really enjoy any of this the hot or the cold. I dried him off and slathered aloe over his burns. Luckily the coffee wasn't on him long enough to cause a severe burn, but it was red for a little while. By that afternoon it had cleared up. The whole time I was soaking him with the water I was standing in the steamy puddle of coffee burning my feet so I can imagine how painful it was for him. There's nothing more gut wrenching than seeing your child screaming in pain...nothing!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home