Tuesday, April 12, 2005

And So...We Begin

This is day 2 of a trial "separation" if you will. I dropped Nathaniel off in Charlotte on Sunday to begin his CDL training. I cried of course. I'm ok now...thanks for asking. Things are going well for him and his cold is getting better. He said that the first day fried his brain because he was in a classroom close to 12 hours! He got breaks of course, but it still made for a long day. Today was much better because he actually got to drive a truck!! He said it's a lot easier than he expected. I was glad to get to speak with him a little longer tonight. He called yesterday on his cell phone but was roaming so we had to limit our talk. It really made me feel a lot better about this whole situation to hear that he was doing ok. I could tell in his voice that he was sincere and not just putting up a front. Geof and I are adjusting to his temporary absence. Tomorrow I'm going to buy some yarn with a gift card that was waiting for me in the mailbox when we returned home today!! Nathaniel requested that I send his tennis shoes in the mail tomorrow because the boots he has with him are too big and get caught on all the pedals in the truck! So, the silver lining is a little more clear and I feel that things are going to be just fine.

I just realized how appropriate the visitor counter is on this page. I never knew when I picked it that I would wind up the wife of a truck driver!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home